MyLink “WeWalk for 100,000 Steps” Campaign Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”)
1. MyLink “WeWalk for 100,000 Steps” Campaign (“Campaign”) is held by China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited (“CMHK”).
2. The Campaign will start at 12:00 (GMT+8) on 21 May 2022 and end at 12:00 (GMT+8) on 30 May 2022 (“Campaign Period”). The time is based on the server of MyLink mobile application (“MyLink”) of CMHK.
Eligibility of Participant
3. Participant(s) must fulfil the following requirements to be an eligible participant (“Eligible Participant(s)”) of the Campaign:
- A person who has aged 18 or above (based on the date of 21 May 2022);
- A holder of valid Hong Kong Identity Card;
- A person who could successfully register and log in to MyLink, including CMHK customers such as existing service plan customers, prepaid customers, home broadband customers and corporate customers (including supplementary cards and member cards customers) and non-CMHK customers;
- A person who has used a designated mobile phone device that supports the step-counting function according to paragraph 5(i)(a)(i)(vi) and 5(i)(a)(i)(vii) ; and
- A person who has not been blacklisted in accordance with paragraph 12 and paragraph 30
*Any participant who could not fulfil the above requirement will be disqualified from participating in the Campaign and/or winning the prizes.
4. Each Eligible Participant is required to participate in the Campaign with only one Hong Kong mobile phone number and one mobile device only.
Campaign Details and Awards
5. Here are the details of Campaign and Awards:
- Eligible Participant who has completed “Team Rewards Missions” (“Team Mission(s)”) within the designated period will have the chance to win designated prizes. Details are as follows:
Mission 1) Team Formation Mission
Eligible participants must successfully form a 2-person team by using the function of “Team Formation” on MyLink during the designated period ((12:00 on 21 May to 12:00 on 27 May, 2022). All participants shall be an eligible participant (“Eligible Team”)Eligible participant can form his or her team based on the “Team Formation” Guideline on MyLink. The system will automatically default the eligible participant to form the team as team leader (“Leader”) ;
Mission 2) Step-counting Mission
- Eligible Participants should pay attention to the following before completing the mission(s)”
- Participants shall read and agree with the Terms and Conditions on the campaign page at MyLink before participating in the Campaign.
- Each mission could only be completed within the designated period. Mission record is invalid after the designated period. Each eligible participant is not allowed to make up any mission after it has expired.
- Step counting records uploading by participants will be verified by MyLink, and the number of steps recorded by “WeWalk” will be conclusive.
- The time of completing team missions is based on the time of receipt by MyLink server.
- Eligible participants can check the progress of mission through the MyLink event page. CMHK will not send separate notification.
- The Campaign is only applicable to the designated mobile devices that support step counting function (“Designated Mobile Device(s)”). For Designated Mobile Device models, please refer to http://health.hk.chinamobile.com/faq/en/index.html . For the avoidance of doubt, any external devices, including but not limited to smart bracelets or smart watch, will not be accepted.
- As the step count record on MyLink will be cleared to ‘zero’ on a daily basis, tracking of each day starts from 00:00 to 23:59. Eligible participants are required to enable the GPS function and authorize MyLink to record step counts of the participants on Designated Mobile Devices. For details on how to enable the authorization of step counting, please refer to http://health.hk.chinamobile.com/faq/en/index.html ;
- Discrepancy may exist across different pedometers on different Designated Mobile Devices, the number of steps recorded by MyLink will be conclusive.
- The first 5,000 eligible teams that complete Team Missions (Mission 1-2) will be awarded the prizes below:
|The 1st – 5,000th eligible teams||Grand Award||Each Member will receive 1,000 MyLink Points.|
6. Campaign results will be announced on MyLink page on 6 June, 2022 at 12:00 noon. Eligible Teams and Eligible Participants are required to log in to “Campaign Page – Mission Record” on MyLink to check the result individually, CMHK will not send separate notification.
7. MyLink Points will be automatically credited by CMHK to the MyLink accounts of the Eligible Teams or Participants within 3 days after the results announcement. Users are required to log in to check the record.
Important Notice on the usage of MyLink Points
8. The MyLink Points earned by eligible participant during the campaign period will be credited to the participant’s MyLink account. The balance of MyLink points will be displayed on the page of “Me – MyLink Member Centre”.
9. There is expiry date for all points and the date of expiration depends on when the points are being credited to the MyLink account of the user. If there is any discrepancy between the points earned and the terms and conditions of any points earning activity, the points balance displayed in the MyLink account will prevail.
10. User should use the MyLink points for online payment, prepaid card refillment and/or redeem rewards or purchase designated products/services before the expiry date, otherwise they will be considered forfeit. No restoration or extensions will be allowed. To redeem MyLink Points, please read and agree to the terms and conditions of the MyLink Points Program, for details, please visit : https://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/mylinkpoints.html
11. China Mobile Hong Kong reserves the right of discretion and decision to handle the points of the user. MyLink may suspend the release of points or deduct points from any MyLink account of users at any time without prior notice in the following circumstances (including but not limited to): (i) is committing fraud or suspected fraud by the user; (ii) using inappropriate method or committing fraud to interrupt operation and interfere of earning points (including but not limited to dishonest use, fraud, misuse or abuse); (iii) The user cancels or withdraws any eligible service or mobile number service that is eligible to collect points; (iv) Defect or failures of any computer equipment, network, telephone line or software or any combination thereof to miscalculate the points earned by the user; and/or (v) any circumstances in which CMHK reasonably ensures that the user is properly credited.
12. CMHK has the discretion to suspend, disqualify the eligibility of Eligible Participants to participate the Campaign and claim against any Eligible Participants who CMHK, in its sole discretion, suspects (i) is undertaking or in connection with any unusual or suspicious activities; (ii) is using inappropriate method or committing fraud to interrupt operation and interfere any part of the Campaign , causing technical problems; or detects (iii) any dishonest conduct, false or inaccurate information provided; or (iv) any breaches of these Terms and Conditions or any other applicable law or regulation, without notice or reason, and without any liability to any person, or (v) any dishonesty or fraud or other ways; CMHK reserves the right to disqualify any participant affect the fairness of this Campaign, without further notification, and will automatically be black-listed and lose the eligibility to participate in this campaign.
13. Each Designated Mobile Device can only record the step counting record of one Eligible Participant per day, if the same Designated Mobile Device is found to be used to record the step counting record of accounts on the same day, CMHK will disqualify all the relevant participants without prior notice.
14. Each Hong Kong mobile number could only participate in the Campaign once only. CMHK reserves the right to disqualify any participant using add-ons or any other informal channels such as empty or fake account or other ways that affect the fairness of this Campaign, without further notification.
15. Eligible Participant can only receive Team Missions awards for once by using the same mobile phone number and/ or mobile device during the whole Campaign Period.
16. Any awards / MyLink Points earned from this Campaign by Eligible Participants cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash, and also cannot replaced, refunded, sold, split, gifted or transferred to others. Awards / MyLink Points of different users cannot be combined for consumption. CMHK will not compensate for any MyLink Point or awards being automatically cancelled due to the user terminating his/her MyLink account.
17. If the personal information submitted by eligible participants is wrong, omission, false or incorrect due to any factors beyond the control of CMHK, or which led to the fact that CMHK is unable to contact or verify the identity of the eligible participants, it shall be deemed to waive the qualification to participate in this activity and/or obtain prizes/points. Eligible participants are not allowed to request reissues or any form of compensation, and CMHK does not have to bear any responsibility for this.
18. CMHK is not responsible for any delay, loss, error or unrecognizable response (whether express or implied), such as technical failure, difficulty or error, network failure, interruption or congestion, mobile phone failure, any third-party causes, software incompatibility issues, or any other reasons (including but not limited to any terminal equipment or network issues) caused by any technical interruption or error, network congestion or any other reasons, or failure of earning points, restoration or extensions will be allowed. CMHK does not have to bear any responsibility and will not reissue the prizes or make any compensation.
19. Participant understands the content and the nature of this Campaign, and acknowledges this Campaign requires physical exertion. Participant should also ensure his/her own physical condition is suitable to participate in this Campaign. During the Campaign Period, all Participants should pay attention to their personal physical condition and suitability for participating in this Campaign. Participants should immediately stop participating during the Campaign Period and seek medical assistance if feeling unwell.
20. Participation of this Campaign is entirely voluntary and participants shall participate in this Campaign at their own risks. CMHK shall take no legal responsibility and will not be held liable to pay compensation for any losses, damages, costs, claims, proceedings (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) incurred or suffered by participants as a result of their participation in this Campaign.
21. CMHK does not guarantee that all routes are covered by mobile network and/ or available to make emergency calls. Participant understands that they should go hiking in a group and bring along backup batteries for mobile phone, portable chargers and/or walkie-talkies.
22. Participant understands that they should search for more information of the routes and read carefully about “Country Park Hiking Safety Guidelines” on the website of the Agricultural, Fisheries and Conservation Department before setting out.
23. Participant understands that they should read carefully about “Country Parks Facilities – What’s New” on the website of the Agricultural, Fisheries and Conservation Department and do not go to the spots listed in “High risk locations with records of fatal and serious accidents in country parks” before setting out.
i. “Country Parks Facilities – What’s New”
ii. “High risk locations with records of fatal and serious accidents in country
24. Participant should put on suitable clothing and footwear and bring sufficient food, drinks, protective head-wear and rain-wear. Participant should pay attention when passing driveways and mud trails in the Solar Terms routes. Do not run, lean on, climb over or dislocate any barrier or divider placed along the route to ensure safety.
25. If any participant has any behavior or omission that violates the law, the campaign’s terms and conditions, or may damage the rights of any third parties, the participant agrees and promises to provide CMHK full indemnity for any disputes and claims caused by or related to his / her actions or omissions and to protect China Mobile Hong Kong from any damage.
26. CMHK shall not be liable to any loss or damage caused by delay or failure to fulfill all or part of the terms and conditions due to any reason that cannot be controlled by CMHK including but not limited to power failure, war, facing war threats, riots or civil disobedience, natural disasters, laws restrictions imposed by any government or legal agencies of different countries or any industry disputes, fires, explosions, storms, floods, lightning, earthquakes and any other natural disasters.
Personal Data Collection Statement
28. In order to participate in this Campaign, participant may be required to provide personal identification information (including but not limited to personal data or personal information as defined by law) to CMHK, which are necessary. Failing to provide the required information may not be eligible to participate in the Campaign and / or winning the prizes.
Other Important Notice
30. Anyone who has committed dishonesty and fraud in the MyLink events, or has acted in violation of the terms and conditions of any of CMHK’s campaigns will automatically be black-listed and lose the eligibility to participate in this Campaign.
31. Employees of CMHK (including full-time and part-time employees or persons hired on a contract basis) are not allowed to participate in this Campaign for the sake of fairness.
32. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Eligible Participants agree that any litigation or claim arising out of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.
33. Each clause in these terms and conditions shall have independent execution power, and its validity shall not be affected by the invalidity of other clauses.
34. Except for eligible participants and China Mobile Hong Kong, no one has any rights under the “Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance” of Hong Kong laws to enforce or enjoy the benefits or rights of any provision of these terms and conditions.
35. CMHK reserves the right to amend the content of the Campaign, terminate the Campaign, and/or revise the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be by CMHK accordingly as conclusive evidence.
36. There is no appeal mechanism for the Campaign. In case of any disputes, CMHK reserves the right of final decision. All matters and disputes will be based on CMHK’s system records as conclusive evidence and subject to CMHK’s final discretion.
37. If there is any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of these Terms and Conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail.