The Voice of HKHA
Hong Kong Hiking Association, China
Hong Kong Hiking Association, China (HKHA) was established on March 23, 1982, it is one of the organizers of CMHK Hong Kong Hiking Festival. Later approved by the government as a non-profit organization on November 12, 1982. HKHA was first named as Federation of Hong Kong Hiking & Outdoor Activities Groups. To meet the needs of the times and ensure an effective operation, it has been renamed as Hong Kong Hiking Association, China since April 1,1999.
HKHA publishes “The Voice of HKHA” Journal regularly to promote Hong Kong hiking activities & exchange all kinds of information on field activities.
Resembling the majestic landscape of Ma On Shan in linear design, the HKMA emblem, coupled with the society name in bilingual, has been in use for years. We’re honoured to have Dr Rebecca LEE Lok-Sze, our honorary advisor, to share her insight with us regarding the emblem design. The new emblem not only retains the essence of our founders’ values, but it also injects a new burst of energy with a clean silhouette, outlining the landscape of Ma On Shan and flourishing bushes. The society name are put in bilingual with a symmetric, framed design to upfront the Chinese characters. With a balance of traditional and modern elements, the emblem is a manifestation of our belief: To carry on our heritage and forge ahead into future. The new emblem was approved by the executive committee and has been in use since September 1999.
(1) Serve as a bridge of communication between tours across districts, outdoor activity groups and hiking lovers.
(2) Introduce outdoor skills to HKHA members and the public by organising educational leisure activities such as workshops, training courses, travel tours and more, with an aim to enhance participants’ knowledge and cultivate outdoor talents.
(3) Promote outdoor recreational activities with a non-profit approach to cultivate public interest in nature and historical sites.
(4) Publish periodicals to promote HKMA’s work.
(5) Actively participate in charity work.
Hong Kong Hiking Association, China, 79882 Mailbox, Mongkok, Kowloon